Receiving a trade license is the initial step of beginning a business. Doing business in Bangladesh requires a formal authorization from Dhaka City Corporation or Municipality’s important office (Union Parishad, pouroshava, upozilla or zillaparishad) to work. This authorization is given as Trade License. This writing talks about the trade license process and cost in Dhaka Bangladesh.
To get a Trade License in Bangladesh the lawful premise of this prerequisite is being presented in Bangladesh under the City Corporation Taxation Rules 1983 and Municipal Taxation Rules 1986. It is issued when a business visionary is connected through the license form/structure. Working business without an exchange permit is unlawful in Bangladesh. For effectively acquiring an exchange permit, the business visionary is required to utilize the fitting structure and apply through the significant expert’s office. For example, Dhaka City Corporation is separated into two sections, North and South. The candidate will be required to pick the right structure contingent upon the territory where the business is found. To begin, the lawful authorization and trade permit from City Corporation or City Council of the relecant business zone must be obtained. The expense of getting a business permit is BDT 2000.
The procedure is overseen by the City Corporation or city committee where the business exists. A permit is issued solely for the sake of the licensee and such permit is not transferable. The licensee will not utilize the permit for some other purposes, with the exception of the reason and nature of calling, trade or calling it was issued. A renewed Trade License is given by the concerned staff of the zonal tax collection office. An expense for exchange permit must be kept at any Bank as demonstrated on the Trade License form/structure.
The List of archives required for acquiring atrade permit are as follows:
- Application Form from Dhaka City Corporation (North Form) or (South Form)
- National ID card of the entrepreneur
- Recent receipt or ownership proof
- Recent passport size photo of the entrepreneur
- Work Permit from Board of Investment
- Statement of Bank Solvency&TIN Certificate
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR TRADE LICENSE:
- In case of general Trade License – Attested Copy of Rent Receipt or Rental Agreement and also the copy of the Holding Tax payment receipt.
- In case of Trade license for industries – Everything mentioned in serial no. 1 plus:
- No objection declaration on the surrounding
- Location Map
- Copy of fire certificate
- Declaration on non-judicial stamp of tk 150/to abide by the rules & regulation of DCC.
- In case of Clinic/Private Hospital: permission from the Director General of Health.
- In case of Limited Company :Memorandum of Articles Certificate of In-Corporation
- In case of Printing Press & Residential Hotel Permission from DC
- In case of Recruitment Agency – License from Manpower Man-power export Bureau.
- In case of Arms and Ammunition – Copy of Arms License.
- In case of Drug and Narcotics – Copy of Drug/Narcotics License.
- In case of Travailing Agency – Approval from civil aviation authority.
PROCESSING TIME LIMIT:
Estimated Processing Time for issuing the license is 3-4 working days, however, may vary depending on the nature of the and type of the business.
RESERVED ADMINISTRATION PAYMENT:
- The submission fee is BDT 10.00.
- License fee varies between BDT 100.00- 40,000.00 subjects on the nature and type of business.
- For Limited Company, License fee is determined based on paid-up capital.
RENEWAL OF BUSINESS CERTIFICATE (COMMERCIAL COMPANIES): Business Licenses are compulsory to be renewed yearly. The papers required are License Book which is provided at the time of issuance of Trade License, challan Book, rent and receipt of ownership proof and TIN Certificate.
STRATEGY FOR RENEWAL: The candidate is required to store the planned charges at the assigned bank. After getting the charge receipt, the City Corporation or Municipality’s pertinent zonal office will finish the restoration procedure if the various necessities are met.
TRADE LICENSING AT CLP: The Barristers, Advocates, and lawyers at CLP in Gulshan, Dhaka, Bangladesh are highly experienced at assisting clients in dealing with trade licensing. For queries or legal assistance, please reach us at:
Phone: +8801700920980 | +8801947470606
Address: House 39, Road 126 (3rd Floor) Islam Mansion, Gulshan 1, Dhaka.